Master of Business Analytics
In today’s world, with its ever-increasing volume of data, businesses that can make sense of the flow of information have a competitive edge, making graduates with the computational, analytical and business skills to provide that edge highly sought after by employers in Australia and globally.
The Melbourne Business School Master of Business Analytics gives you the skills and knowledge to become stand-out data scientists—expert in not just maths and information systems but able to approach analytics with the strategic perspective of the business mind.
This advanced, one-year, full-time degree focuses on quantitative methods and the role of data in decision-making. You will learn how data can drive decision-making through statistical and quantitative analysis, explanatory and predictive modelling and fact-based management.
We bring together experts from computer science, statistics, mathematics and business management to provide an integrated program. You will learn to use as SAS, R, Python, Tableau and other tools. After completing the program, you will receive a Certificate in Business Analytics from SAS in recognition of your skill in using its world-leading analytics software.
The 2016 class:
Applications should be submitted online at apply.mbs.edu.
Admissions for 2018 intake is open. Please find dates below:
Application Closing Dates (To Be Confirmed)
|Round 4 (Domestic students/Onshore International Students)
If you wish to make an early application, please be aware that it will most likely be assessed in March, prior to Round 1.
Late applications for the 2017 intake will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. Late applicants advised to contact Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, you will need to provide:
- A CV
- Academic transcript
- Evidence of citizenship or residency
- An excellent command of English* (copy of IELTS or TOEFL score where required).
- Your undergraduate degree should be from a recognised institution with a minimum GPA of 65 per cent.
- Demonstrated academic success in quantitative subjects and a natural talent and passion for working with data – typically, your undergraduate degree will be Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Physics, Finance or Economics and Science.
- Ideally, you will have completed a sequence of two or three undergraduate or graduate statistics courses that include probability theory and regression analysis, although demonstrated mathematical preparation and quantitative aptitude may be considered sufficient in some cases.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in an interview.
*Applicants whose undergraduate degree was not delivered in English will need to achieve an IELTS minimum score of 7.0 overall, with no individual score less than 6.5; or TOEFL IBT minimum score of 102, with a written score minimum of 24.
The Master of Business Analytics program fee is A$53,700 for the 2017 intake, with fees paid per module. Fees for the 2018 intake is yet to be confirmed.
Please note: The total program and individual subject fees are reviewed each year and may be adjusted for cost increases. The School guarantees that the fees will not increase by more than 10 per cent, year to year.
FEE-HELP and major government student support payments (Austudy, ABSTUDY and Youth Allowance) are available for those who meet the eligibility criteria.
A number of scholarships for the Master of Business Analytics program are offered towards the end of the year prior to commencement. All applications received by the closing dates are considered so there is no separate application process required.