Advanced Management Program Overview
Expand your understanding of emerging workplace challenges and how to manage for the future with the most comprehensive short course we offer.
The Advanced Management Program will give you powerful insights and skills that can be applied instantly in the workplace to lead in a complex, ever-evolving business environment.
Designed for senior executives and delivered by our world-class academic faculty, the course focuses on building a high-performance organisation and enhancing your personal leadership abilities.
Who Should Attend the Advanced Management Program?
- Preparing for a C-suite role
- Preparing for a managing director role in a high-growth business
- Wanting to advance their skills in their current role.
- Wanting to advance their skills in their current role
- Managing a high-growth business
- Who have recently moved into their role.
CEOs or Managing Directors
- Managing small-to-medium enterprises.
Advanced Management Program Key Takeaways
Build Better Teams
- Develop global teams and partnerships
- Strengthen cross-cultural mindsets
- Foster collaboration across functional and enterprise areas.
Drive Change for the Future
- Lead change and innovation in complexity and disruption
- Engage in futures thinking and enterprise modelling.
Harness Your Leadership Power
- Build your leadership story and vision
- Activate your personal leadership style and self-awareness
- Analyse your relationship habits
- Communicate to persuade and influence.
Influence Optimal Performance
- Improve decision-making across the enterprise
- Ensure levers, such as HR, marketing and strategy, deliver results
- Establish a culture of performance and accountability
- Motivate and develop your team to high performance.
Advanced Management Program Topics Covered
Enhancing Personal Leadership
Building Organisational Transformation
Understand the building blocks required to achieve organisational transformation and how to harness them effectively.
Developing and Challenging Strategy
Getting Value out of Marketing
Managing for the Future
Advanced Management Program Success Stories
"It was challenging and quite emotional. A journey of discovery for me."ANTONY BLACKSHAW
"It's a really practical, engaging, and life-changing program."ManDy Burns
"It’s opened up a whole new world around my potential and opportunities ahead."BRAD BURNETT
Advanced Management Program Key Facilitators
Vivek consults widely to industry and government in Australia and globally. In addition to his role as Academic Director of Melbourne Business School’s Executive MBA Programs, he currently serves as a strategy advisor to the CEO of CSL and MD of Grannus Securities.
PROFESSOR OF MARKETING
Don is a marketing and brand expert who studies the impact that marketing activities have on company performance. He has worked with brands including Johnson & Johnson, NAB and Nestle.
PROFESSOR OF STRATEGY
Geoff worked at the highest levels of international finance before becoming an academic focusing on risk-taking by executives. He has received several research excellence awards from the University of Melbourne.
PROFESSOR OF MARKETING
Jill is an expert in decision-making and resilience, whose work draws on her family's experiences during the Holocaust. She has held positions at Kellogg Graduate School of Management and INSEAD.
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF MANAGEMENT
With a PhD in social psychology, Jennifer specialises in organisational behaviour, negotiation and people management, and conducts research into the ways in which power is used in the workplace.
This is a residential program in which participants stay on campus and engage in workshop activities after hours. The program fee covers tuition, meals and accommodation.