New Leader Development Program (online) Overview
The New Leader Development Program (online) is designed specifically for those who are either new to a leadership role or aiming to move into a leadership role.
This course unpacks and guides new leaders to develop and discover their own leadership style, while sharing key leadership frameworks to allow participants to develop and grow as they move forward with confidence.
Delivered entirely online, the program is high touch and immersive, with a mix of live sessions, self-paced learning and peer coaching – all designed to fit into busy working lives.
Who Should Attend the New Leader Development Program (online)?
- Project managers who are early in their career
- Identified potential for more senior roles in the future.
- New team leaders and supervisors who have recently transitioned into their role.
New Leader Development Program (online) Key Takeaways
Find Your Voice
- Develop a leadership presence
- Understand yourself as a leader
- Gain increased clarity on the role of leadership in organisational settings
- Articulate key aspects of your personal approach to leadership, including strengths and areas for development.
Build Power and Influence
- Access to a broad range of pragmatic tools and frameworks for application in current and future leadership roles.
Manage Relationships Effectively
- Manage relationships up, down and sideways
- Engage with a diverse group of peers to broaden your perspectives on leadership experiences across organisations and industries.
New Leader Development Program (online) Topics Covered
Leadership in Action
New Leader Development Program (online) Key Facilitators
Keegan has worked across organisations ranging from small business, government agencies, Not-for-Profit and education through to large corporate organisations to optimise team performance.
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
Burak's area of expertise is leadership, power and organisational justice. His latest research looks at the social influences on subordinates and how subordinates shape the behaviour of those who lead them.
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR MANAGEMENT
Deshani is an organisational behaviour, justice and ethics expert who teaches Managing People and Negotiation on our MBA program. Her research and teaching include initiatives with corporate partners such as Target, Boeing, and Disney.
PROFESSOR OF BUSINESS STRATEGY
Geoff worked at the highest levels of international finance before becoming an academic focusing on risk-taking by executives. He has received several research excellence awards from the University of Melbourne.
Online Session Times
*Online session times are subject to change.