MBS Leadership Program Course Overview
Build the confidence and resilience to lead from the middle, with a program designed for mid-to-senior level managers.
The MBS Leadership Program will bolster your ability to inspire others and lead effectively across different teams and roles, in order to maximise your impact on people and performance.
With an emphasis on hands-on learning and practical tools, the program includes simulations of real business challenges. You will leave with increased self-awareness, improved confidence and a network of industry peers facing similar challenges that you can connect with after the program.
Who Should Attend the MBS Leadership Program?
- Leaders who have already made the transition from managing individual contributors to managing other managers and / or senior professional staff.
Strategic and cross-functional leaders
- Leaders responsible for supporting and executing organisational strategy
- Leaders who work collaboratively with multiple peers or across different functions.
Key Takeaways for the Leadership Training Course
Harness your leadership potential
- Build self and system awareness to maximise your leadership impact
- Clarify what motivates you as a leader to align impact with intent
- Align purpose and values to think and act strategically.
Get the most out of others
- Analyse priorities to delegate and empower your leaders and teams
- Learn to effectively manage, coach and inspire others.
Navigate change with confidence
- Build reflective practice to become more resilient and adaptable
- Learn to navigate complexity and lead through uncertainty and change and dispersed teams
- Influence and align effort across teams to navigate complex challenges and drive performance.
Topics Covered in the MBS Leadership Program
Establishing your leadership purpose
How others see you as a leader
Find out your strengths, weaknesses and how you are perceived by others with a 360 degree assessment.
Build confidence to tackle complex challenges, through reflective action and seeking new perspectives.
Adaptive leadership challenge
MBS Leadership Program Student Success Story
You really get down to the emotional side of why you're in business and leadership in the program. It makes you rethink everything.
Key Facilitators for the MBS Leadership Program
Julia is a Principal at Melbourne Business School. She is an experienced leader and leadership development specialist. Previously, Julia was a Director at Nous Group and held senior positions at Australia Post and ANZ bank.
ASSOCIATE, LEADERSHIP AND ORGANISATION DYNAMICS
Cameron is an organisational development and learning expert who has held senior roles with several multinational companies. His passion is for creating engaging and inspiring places to work.
Danielle has worked in HR and employee development for companies including Aesop and the Australian Institute of Management, as well as lecturing in organisational change at Monash University.
Julian is a registered psychologist who has worked with everyone from police officers to CEOs. He specialises in executive coaching, culture change, strategy facilitation, leadership and organisational development.
In this residential program, participants stay on campus and engage in workshop activities after hours. The program fee covers tuition, meals and accommodation during the workshop.