Get a truly global experience with an MBA taught across four continents.
Our Senior Executive MBA will take you to Asia, Europe and North America to see some of the world's top companies in action, as you learn about the issues changing the face of business today.
The program is split into 10 nine-day modules spread over 18 months, where you will travel abroad or stay at Melbourne Business School, away from the distractions of work and home.
Many students fly in from interstate or overseas to participate, and form a professional and personal bond with each other that lasts a lifetime.
"It was the only program I could find for senior executives, and I wanted learning that would challenge my thinking."JACKIE ROBB
“The MBA changed the contribution I could make. There were now different approaches I added to discussions.”MICHELLE WINZER
"The syndicate work has been quite extraordinary for me. It really does bring about a different dynamic."SIMON HUPFELD
The Senior Executive MBA program fee is $135,900 (2023), and can be paid in instalments. It includes:
- Full tuition for all modules
- All textbooks, instruments, case material, readings, articles and study notes
- Residential accommodation (in Melbourne and overseas) for the duration of the program
- Meals on class days
- University of Melbourne and international partner institution fees
Please note, an acceptance fee of $5,000 is required to secure your place on the program. This fee will be deducted from the cost of the first module upon commencement.
FEE-HELP is available for eligible Australian citizens and permanent residents.
Students who pay their own fees are often able to claim tuition expenses as a self-study tax deduction, provided the degree is relevant to their job. Check with your financial advisor to find out if you are eligible.
Many students share the cost of studying with their employer. Melbourne Business School is happy to provide a business case to share with your employer about the benefits of studying a Senior Executive MBA to the organisation. Please contact us for more information.
The program fee does not include travel costs associated with the international modules, including airfares to Asia, Europe and the US, airport transfers, visa charges and travel insurance. Students are also responsible for some meals on class days of the international modules, as well as incidental expenses such as telephone, laundry, car parking and other personal charges.
Students located outside Melbourne are responsible for their own travel costs to and from Melbourne for modules based at Melbourne Business School.
- Commence an application to become familiar with the application process.
- Meet with us to find out more about the School and program.
- Complete and submit your application by the application closing date.
Shortlisted candidates for each round will be invited to attend a compulsory interview, which can be conducted in person, over the phone or by teleconference. The interview will last approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by email. Offers may include the award of a scholarship.
As limited places are available each round, the selection committee may decide to place an application "on hold" for consideration in the next round.
Please note that entry to this program is highly competitive and meeting the minimum entry criteria does not guarantee an offer to the program. Unsuccessful applications will not be reassessed in following rounds.
We appreciate that considerable time and effort are required to complete an application, however we will not comment on specific factors that may have led to the selection committee's final decision.
Closing dates for the Senior Executive MBA program are as follows:
Early Round: 30 May
Round 1: 30 July
Round 2: 30 September
Round 3: 30 November
Round 4: 30 January
The deadline for all applications is 11.59pm AEST.
Late applications may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us for further advice.
Offers are issued approximately six (6) weeks after the round closing date.
To apply, you will need to provide:
- An up-to-date CV showing at least 10 years of management experience.
- A copy of your undergraduate academic transcript (and any postgraduate academic transcripts if completed)*
- Evidence of citizenship or residency (e.g. Passport, Birth certificate or Visa)
- An excellent command of English, with a copy of your IELTS or TOEFL score** if you are a non-native speaker.
- Personal statements relating to your goals and how you can contribute to the program.
- The names and contact details of two professional referees (you will be notified prior to referees being contacted).
- A GMAT may be required if you have not completed previous tertiary study. Please contact us for advice on alternative entry criteria.
You are also welcome to supply additional information that you believe will strengthen your application. The School may also request additional information to assist the admission decision.
It is a university requirement that applicants provide evidence that they meet the published entry requirements. Uncertified documentation does not provide this evidence; however we accept uncertified documents for the purpose of selection, and reserve the right to request your certified documentation at any time.
**For IELTS, you will need a minimum score of 7.0 overall, with no individual score less than 6.5.
For TOEFL iBT, you will need a minimum score of 102, with a written score minimum of 24 and no individual score lower than 21.
PTE: Overall score minimum of 65, with writing skills of minimum 65 and no other communicative skill below 50
- At least 10 years of management experience
- An undergraduate degree or 6 years work experience
- English proficiency
- Two professional referees
For more information, visit our application FAQ's page.