Master of Marketing
Combine world-renowned faculty with an incredible program and you have a Master of Marketing that will transform your life. The course will broaden your general management skills, enhance your strategic marketing prowess and advance your career.
The Master of Marketing program builds your skills by providing you with an understanding of:
- The changing nature of marketing management theory and practice
- The structure and operation of markets in dynamic, global, information-intensive environments
- The cutting-edge concepts, processes and managerial frameworks of marketing
- The practical tools and techniques for marketing analysis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Principal business functions, including accounting, economics and management
By utilising the full range of teaching and learning approaches, including lectures, seminars, published and ‘live' case studies, site visits and applied projects, Master of Marketing students gain critical knowledge and capabilities for leading and managing teams and communicating across multiple business functions.
The Master of Marketing operates off the same academic calendar as the part-time MBA.
The Master of Marketing is delivered on a part-time study basis only, unless undertaken as part of the dual degree MBA/Master of Marketing. The course comprises 13 subjects, covering core general management and specialised marketing subjects and marketing-related electives.
Students interested in undertaking the Master of Marketing should be aware that a significant amount of teaching takes place on Saturdays and attendance at all core and elective classes is mandatory.
The Master of Marketing consists of two phases.
- Phase 1 – Graduate Diploma in Marketing
- Phase 2 – transfer into the Master of Marketing
Phase 1 – Graduate Diploma in Marketing
Students wanting to study a Master of Marketing must enter via the Graduate Diploma in Marketing, which includes nine subjects:
Phase 2 – transfer into the Master of Marketing
After completing nine subjects in the Graduate Diploma of Marketing, students can transfer into the Master of Marketing if a minimum grade-point average of 70 percent is obtained.
And one of the following electives:
Applications should be submitted online at apply.mbs.edu.
Application closing dates
- January class – closed mid-November
- April class – closes mid-February
- July class – closes mid-May
- September class – closes mid-July
To apply, you will need to provide:
- A CV, showing a minimum of two years’ work experience
- Academic transcript (and any postgraduate academic transcripts if completed)*
- Evidence of citizenship or residency*
- An excellent command of English (copy of IELTS or TOEFL score, where required)**
- Personal statements relating to your goals and how you can contribute to the program
- The names and contact details of two professional referees.
You are also welcome to supply additional information that you believe will strengthen your application. The School may also request additional information to assist the admission decision.
Applications are processed as soon as all materials are received, and you will receive an outcome generally within four weeks of receipt. All applicants are provided the outcome in writing, with successful applicants receiving a formal Letter of Offer.
*Original or certified copies of these documents must be provided if gain admission to the program.
**Students from a non-English speaking country, or where undergraduate study was not in English, will require evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- IELTS – minimum score requirement of 7.0 overall, with no individual score less than 6.5; or
- TOEFL IBT – minimum score of 102, with a written score minimum of 24
The 2017 tuition fees for students are $4,180 per subject. Fees are paid per subject per term in advance, and students are notified of payment deadlines at the beginning of each calendar year.*
- On acceptance of offer, a non-refundable administration fee of $150 is charged, which is offset against fees once the student has commenced the program. Special terms and conditions apply for those students who elect to defer their commencement
- $150 per subject is a reasonable amount to budget for textbooks and other study related expenses
- FEE-HELPis available for those who meet the eligibility criteria
- For company sponsored candidates, MBS is happy to provide a business case to share with your employer about the benefits of part-time study to facilitate the company sponsorship process.
*The School guarantees that the fee will not increase by more than 10% from year to year.