Accelerate your career or change direction with a graduate business program that fits around you.
Our Professional Certificate in Business Analytics is delivered in a hybrid format by our world-class faculty, providing flexibility to attend classes in person or online.
Designed for highly motivated and experienced professionals, it comprises of two subjects from your choice of focus area, equipping you with the technical skills to enhance your business performance. And if you choose, you can go further by studying a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma – or dive right into the Master of Business Analytics itself.
#1 Master of Business Analytics in Australia
Melbourne Business School
#1 University in Australia
Times Higher Education, 2022
Studying the Master of Business Analytics has really helped me bridge the business and technical sides to deliver answers more clearly.
Senior Data Analyst, KPMG
AUD $9,300, (2023) with fees paid per term.*
FEE-HELP is available for those who meet the eligibility criteria.
*Fees are subject to annual review and may be adjusted to take into account cost increases. The School guarantees that fees will not increase by more than 10 per cent from year to year.
- Commence an application to become familiar with the application process.
- Meet with us to find out more about the School and program.
- Complete and submit your application by the application closing dates.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited to attend a compulsory interview, which can be conducted online or in person. The interview will last approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
Applications will be processed as soon as all materials are received. We strive to respond to applications as quickly as possible, usually within four weeks of receipt. Successful applicants will receive a formal Letter of Offer. Unsuccessful applicants are notified in writing.
Closing dates are as follows:
Round 1: 21 October 2022
Round 2: 9 December 2022
Round 3: 10 February 2023
Round 4: 7 April 2023
The deadline for all applications is 11.59pm AEST.
Late applications may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us for further advice.
Outcomes are provided approximately 6-8 weeks after the application deadline.
For a successful application, you will need:
- An up-to-date CV showing at least two years work experience.
- A copy of your academic transcripts.
- A passport or verified document showing current citizenship / residency status.
- An excellent command of English, with a copy of your IELTS or TOEFL score* if you are a non-native speaker.
*IELTS: Academic English test with a minimum score of 7.0 overall and with no individual band less than 7.0
TOEFL iBT, with a minimum score of 94 (written score of 27 and no individual score lower than 24)
PTE: Overall score minimum of 65+, with writing skills of minimum 65 and no other communicative skill below 65
It is a university requirement that applicants provide evidence that they meet the published entry requirements. Uncertified documentation does not provide this evidence; however we accept uncertified documents for the purpose of selection, and reserve the right to request your certified documentation at any time.
You will have an undergraduate degree from a recognised institution, with:
- A minimum weighted average mark (WAM) of 65%.
- Your major may be one of: Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Physics, Finance, Economics or Science.
- Demonstrated academic success in quantitative subjects
- A completed sequence of two or three undergraduate or graduate statistics courses that include probability theory and regression analysis, although demonstrated mathematical preparation and quantitative aptitude may be considered sufficient in some cases.
This program is only open to domestic students (Australian/NZ citizens, Australian PR visa holders or any Australian visas without study restrictions).
This program requires orientation and accelerator classes prior to the commencement of term.
Further details regarding dates and times will be provided upon successful completion of your application.
Equip yourself with essential technical skills for becoming an effective data analytics practitioner.
Develop core business analytical techniques while continuing to work, applying what you learn on the job.
Gain a complete analytics toolkit that will develop your understanding of how to approach data-related business challenges with confidence.
A flexible business analytics degree for busy professionals with study options that make it easier than ever to get started.