Businesses that can make sense of the flow of information in today's world have a competitive edge.
Our Master of Business Analytics will teach you how to use data analytics to solve a variety of business problems and give you the personal skills to explain those solutions to others.
With an intensive one-year program, you will learn how data can drive business decisions through statistical and quantitative analysis, explanatory and predictive modelling and fact-based management.
You will also improve your personal effectiveness with individual support and training in the areas of communication, presentation, networking and career development.
People come from all over the world to Melbourne Business School because they want to study with the best.
We attract some of the brightest academics in the field from institutions like Yale, Stanford and INSEAD, who teach in class sizes much smaller than their colleagues overseas.
Our campus is just four tram stops from the centre of Melbourne and has vibrant communal areas and accommodation for students who stay on-site during their classes.
We have a number of student clubs dedicated to areas including marketing, consulting and finance, and host regular industry networking events.
Studying the Master of Business Analytics has really helped me bridge the business and technical sides to deliver answers more clearly.
Senior Data Analyst, KPMG
Career Management Centre
Our Personal Effectiveness Program will help you build the soft skills, knowledge and attributes you need to compete and succeed in every job market.
By partnering with leading organisations, our Careers Management Centre can connect you to top-tier firms in Australia and around the world.
Our career coaches will help you develop your job-hunting skills, maximise your future opportunities and increase your chances of success.
The program fee for our Full-time Master of Business Analytics program is $55,000, with fees paid per module. Please be advised that there is no option for part-time study or credit transfers.
FEE-HELP is available for those who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Please budget approximately $650 for visas.
- You must also take out medical insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia. The cost is approximately $1,330 per year (based on 2020 prices; more for a couple or family) and is paid with your first fee instalment.
We have a wide range of scholarships available to support your study at Melbourne Business School. Our scholarships encourage diversity, provide opportunity and reward talent.
You will automatically be considered for a scholarship when you apply – but to be eligible for some, you need to apply by a certain date.
For more information, visit our Scholarships page.
- Commence an application to become familiar with the application process.
- Meet with us to find out more about the School and program.
- Complete and submit your application by the application closing dates.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a compulsory interview, which can be conducted in person, over the phone or by teleconference. The interview will last approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
Applications will be processed as soon as all materials are received. We strive to respond to applications as quickly as possible, usually within four weeks of receipt. Successful applicants will receive a formal Letter of Offer. The offer may include the award of a scholarship. Unsuccessful applicants are notified in writing.
Closing dates for our Master of Business Analytics program are as follows:
The deadline for all applications is 11.59pm AEST.
For a successful application, you will need:
- An up-to-date CV (work experience is not mandatory).
- A copy of your undergraduate academic transcript.
- A passport or verified document showing current citizenship / residency status.
- An excellent command of English, with a copy of your IELTS or TOEFL score* if you are a non-native speaker.
You will have an undergraduate degree from a recognised institution, with:
- A minimum weighted average mark (WAM) of 70%.
- Your major will be one of: Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Physics, Finance, Economics or Science.
- Demonstrated academic success in quantitative subjects
- A completed sequence of two or three undergraduate or graduate statistics courses that include probability theory and regression analysis, although demonstrated mathematical preparation and quantitative aptitude may be considered sufficient in some cases.
The Australian Department of Home Affairs is responsible for issuing visas for entry to Australia. Please refer to the department's immigration and citizenship webpages for information about visas.
*For IELTS, you will need a minimum score of 7.0 overall, with no individual score less than 6.5. For TOEFL iBT, you will need a minimum score of 102, with a written score minimum of 24 and no individual score lower than 21.
- A university degree with a relevant major
- A WAM of 70% or higher
- English proficiency