Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this program is currently being delivered online. Virtual classes are held live as per our published timetable. Face-to-face teaching will resume when it is safe to do so, in line with relevant social distancing requirements.
Businesses that can make sense of the flow of information in today's world have a competitive edge.
To succeed in this environment, our Master of Business Analytics teaches students to become trilingual – fluent in the languages of technology, mathematics and business.
Through an intensive one-year program, you will learn how to define and structure business problems, use data to provide insight and communicate those insights to senior leaders. A personal effectiveness component will also develop your skills in areas such as teamwork, negotiations and ethical decision-making.
Graduates of this program are developed to be exceptional from both a technical and business perspective. They go on to work for organisations including Apple, Amazon, Woolworths, Suncorp and Microsoft.
#1 MBusA in Asia
Melbourne Business School
#1 University in Australia
Times Higher Education, 2022
People come to Melbourne Business School because they want to study with the best.
We attract some of the brightest academics from around the world, who teach in class sizes much smaller than their colleagues overseas and are accessible to you throughout your studies.
Our campus is just four tram stops from the centre of Melbourne and has vibrant communal areas with accommodation available nearby.
We offer opportunities for self-development via a wide range of electives, co-curricular activities, and host regular industry networking events.
Studying the Master of Business Analytics has really helped me bridge the business and technical sides to deliver answers more clearly.
Senior Data Analyst, KPMG
Career Management Centre
Our Personal Effectiveness Program will help you build the soft skills, knowledge and attributes you need to compete and succeed in every job market.
By partnering with leading organisations, our Careers Management Centre can connect you to top-tier firms in Australia and around the world.
Our career coaches will help you develop your job-hunting skills, maximise your future opportunities and increase your chances of success.
The program fee for our Full-time Master of Business Analytics program is $59,850, with fees paid per module. Please be advised that there is no option for part-time study or credit transfers.
FEE-HELP is available for those who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Please budget for Study visa fees and charges.
- You must also take out medical insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia. The cost is approximately $717 per year (based on 2021 prices; more for a couple or family) and is paid with your first fee instalment.
We have a wide range of scholarships available to support your study at Melbourne Business School. Our scholarships encourage diversity, provide opportunity and reward talent.
You will automatically be considered for a scholarship when you apply – but to be eligible for some, you need to apply by a certain date.
For more information, visit our Scholarships page.
- Commence an application to become familiar with the application process.
- Meet with us to find out more about the School and program.
- Complete and submit your application by the application closing dates.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a compulsory interview, which can be conducted in person, over the phone or by teleconference. The interview will last approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
Applications will be processed as soon as all materials are received. We strive to respond to applications as quickly as possible, usually within four weeks of receipt. Successful applicants will receive a formal Letter of Offer. The offer may include the award of a scholarship. Unsuccessful applicants are notified in writing.
Credit and Substitution
Due to the high level of integration of disciplines and program delivery, it is not possible for the School to grant subject credits for students based on prior learning.
2022 closing dates for our Master of Business Analytics program are as follows:
Round 1: 31 May 2021
Round 2: 31 July 2021
Round 3: 30 September 2021
Round 4: 30 November 2021 (final off-shore international closing date)
Round 5: 31 January 2022
The deadline for all applications is 11.59pm AEST.
Late applications may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us for further advice.
Outcomes are provided approximately 6-8 weeks after the application deadline.
For a successful application, you will need:
- An up-to-date CV (work experience is not mandatory).
- A copy of your undergraduate academic transcript.
- A passport or verified document showing current citizenship / residency status.
- An excellent command of English, with a copy of your IELTS or TOEFL score* if you are a non-native speaker.
You will have an undergraduate degree from a recognised institution, with:
- A minimum weighted average mark (WAM) of 70%.
- Your major may be one of: Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Physics, Finance, Economics or Science.
- Demonstrated academic success in quantitative subjects
- A completed sequence of two or three undergraduate or graduate statistics courses that include probability theory and regression analysis, although demonstrated mathematical preparation and quantitative aptitude may be considered sufficient in some cases.
The Australian Department of Home Affairs is responsible for issuing visas for entry to Australia. Please refer to the department's immigration and citizenship webpages for information about visas.
**IELTS: Academic English test with a minimum score of 7.0 overall and with no individual band less than 6.5
TOEFL iBT, with a minimum score of 102 (written score of 24+ and no individual score lower than 21)
PTE: English Academic PTE with a minimum score of 65 and no communicative skill below 65