Alumni Reunion 2019 to open a new chapter at Melbourne Business School
Early next year, graduates from Melbourne Business School will reunite for what's promised to be the summer's best thought leadership event on campus.
"The Alumni Reunion creates a great vibe on campus. Alumni from the 1950s all the way to 2018 get to reconnect with one another and hear from the best minds in the business," says Melissa Marcinkowski, Alumni Relations Manager and organiser of this year's event.
Running on February 22-23, with a Summer Garden theme, the reunion will see more than 200 former classmates return to the School to socialise and take part in professional development.
"Last year, our alumni said the sessions were engaging and catching up with old mates was fantastic. Well, I took that as a challenge to make 2019 even better," she says.
Professor Ian Harper, Dean of Melbourne Business School, will open the event and give an update on the state of the global economy before other notable speakers, including former Google, Tinder and eBay executive Hugh Williams, take to the stage.
"We have an amazing lineup of speakers next year, including Mark Ritson, who's always popular with alumni, Professor Glenn Hoetker, who recently joined us from the US and Nadia Massoud, who's talking about blockchain, which has been requested by many alumni," says Melissa.
The first 80 people to register will gain access to the Dean's Leaders Forum and Welcome Reception featuring Jan Craps, Carlton & United Breweries CEO and recent appointee to the Melbourne Business School Board.
"I'm looking forward to meeting and getting to know alumni from all the different decades and hearing their stories," Melissa says.
You can register for Alumni Reunion 2019 here. Thought leadership sessions at the event will include:
- Global economic update, Professor Ian Harper
- Design thinking for managers, Greg Harbidge
- A roadmap for the future, Craig Perret
- Every business is a data business, Hugh Williams
- Strategy, innovation and organisational architecture, Associate Professor Vivek Chaudhri
- Is blockchain a disruptive technology?, Professor Nadia Massoud
- Authentic leadership - handle with care!, Associate Professor Carol Gill
- Where is the ethics in data analytics?, Associate Professor Sven Feldmann
- Managing sustainability for competitive advantage, Professor Glenn Hoetker
The Alumni Reunion 2019 program is subject to change. Please check here to see the latest updates to the program.