Develop strategic awareness of your organisation at an enterprise level to make better business decisions.With case studies and simulation exercises that show the key challenges that leaders face around resource allocation, our Strategic Awareness and Business Acumen course is for mid-career professionals who want to increase the impact of their work.
You will learn how to understand strategy as a series of choices and trade-offs, question your business model, leverage trends and perform industry and competitor analysis.
Who Should Attend?
- Seeking to develop their strategic awareness
- Looking to gain an integrated understanding of their business system
- High-potential professionals who want to increase their business acumen
Sharpen your strategic thinking
- Learn to formulate a strategy
- Identify your sustainable competitive advantage
- Understand your strategy choices and tradeoffs
- Analyse your competitive environment
Develop your business acumen
- Gain an enterprise-wide perspective
- Build strategic aptitude
- Assess investment opportunities
- Build winning business models and leverage trends
Become a strategic leader
- Lead as a change maker
- Develop decision-making skills
- Improve influencing and negotiation skills
- Collaborate and communicate effectively
Strategy in a competitive marketplace
Business models and strategic choices
Analysing the competitive environment
Leading across functions
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR BUSINESS STRATEGY
Formerly of London Business School, Brandon specialises in strategy, entrepreneurship, organisation theory and innovation, and teaches on our MBA program as well as several short courses. He has consulted to IBM, KPMG, Energy Australia and many other organisations.
Brandon's research focuses on the emergence of new markets and the creation and exploitation of new business opportunities. His work has been published in world-class journals such as Strategic Management Journal, Academy of Management Journal, Administrative Science Quarterly and Organization Science.
This is a non-residential program. The program fee covers tuition and meals during the workshop.
Applications typically close two weeks prior to commencement, however, to secure your place we encourage you to apply early. Applications received less than two weeks prior to commencement will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
A non-refundable deposit of $1,000 will be required to confirm your booking.