Leading Data Analytics Overview
Improve your understanding and confidence to lead data scientists, analysts and engineers and get structured for success while delivering project outcomes – even if you’re new to the world of data.
Leading data analytics teams requires a base understanding of data concepts, roles, and practices. Our Leading Data Analytics course equips experienced managers and executives with this foundational knowledge. We cover topics ranging from customer insights to machine learning so that data analytics leaders can effectively guide their team towards effective outcomes.
Through an engaging combination of high-level conceptual frameworks, practical examples and real-life experiences, you'll learn how to assess your organisation’s analytics maturity, design the right organisational structure, leverage modern IT capabilities and nurture the core data talent your organisation needs to succeed.
"Data analytics capability offers significant gains to organisational performance; therefore, Australian businesses are making sizeable investments in analytics talent and data ecosystems.
To optimise data analytics functions across the business, leaders need to be able to understand and communicate basic analytics concepts, technology stacks, analytics project lifecycles, and data-related roles.
We designed this course to equip executives and experienced managers without a background in analytics with the tools and skills to power their analytics teams for success."
Director of the Centre for Business Analytics,
Associate Dean, Business Analytics,
Melbourne Business School
Who Should Attend Leading Data Analytics?
Professionals, Managers, and Executives
- Leaders with responsibility for the data analytics function
- Leaders who leverage data analytics or influence strategy
- Leaders transitioning into data analytics
Leading Data Analytics Key Takeaways
Develop Your Data Analytics Strategy
- Learn how to articulate the importance of aligning data strategy to your organisation's business strategy
- Structure your teams for success - now and into the future
- Prioritise areas for growth and upskilling to support your business
Drive Greater Business Impact from Analytics
- Quantify benefits: from analytics outcomes to commercial impact
- Evaluate performance and engage with stakeholders
- Partner with IT for the data and technology needed to succeed
Win the War for Talent
- Understand the variety of data analytics roles and their motivation
- Foster a successful data team culture and become an employer of choice
- Identify opportunities to leverage third parties for expertise and capacity
Leading Data Analytics Topics Covered
Introduction to Data Analytics Functions
Data Analytics in Context
Delivering Data Analytics Outcomes
Data Analytics Tools and Environments
Careers and Culture in Data Analytics
Leading Data Analytics Key Facilitator
Dr Gregory Hill
Greg has been leading data analytics teams since 2009. He has designed teams and roles while hiring and managing the full spectrum of data analysts, scientists and engineers in Australia, the UK, US, Malaysia and China.
His expertise lies in applying advanced analytics capabilities to solve commercial problems in marketing, supply chain, product management and pricing for retailers, telcos and financial services firms.
Greg’s passion is developing data practitioners of all stripes in their careers, so that their intellectual and technical capabilities have an outsized impact on organisations.
He was a founding member of the Industry Advisory Board at MBS’ Centre for Business Analytics, where he helped develop the curriculum for the flagship Masters degree. He holds a PhD in analytics from the University of Melbourne.