Our Specialist Certificates are accredited courses, designed to be practical and relevant to industry professionals. By turning business insights from our world-class faculty and practitioners into robust competencies, you will gain new understanding that you can apply with immediate impact.
We currently offer:
WHY UNDERTAKE A SPECIALIST CERTIFICATE?
- Formalise your professional development with a qualification from the University of Melbourne
- Two-day subjects provides the flexibility to accommodate personal and work commitments*
- Learn from leading experts that will introduce new ways of thinking, encourage the exchange of ideas and share best practice
- Practical and relevant courses involving case studies, concepts, simulations and group discussion
- Network with a variety of business professionals from diverse sectors
* Management for Professionals subject has a five-day duration
HOW IT WORKS
A Specialist Certificate allows you to undertake a number of selected open programs in an assessed mode, leading to an accredited qualification from the University of Melbourne.
Each certificate equates to a total of 25 credit points, consisting of core and elective open programs (also known as subjects) that must be completed within a two-year period. However, a leave of absence may be approved for up to one year.
The courses are non-residential and delivered at our Carlton and Parkville campuses in Melbourne.
Specialist Certificate graduates may gain credit towards the Master of Enterprise and the Master of Supply Chain Management at the University of Melbourne.
For more information on graduate degree programs, visit mbs.unimelb.edu.au
DATES AND ASSESSMENT
To meet the accreditation requirements of the University of Melbourne, you will need to submit the required assessments for each subject within four weeks from subject completion.
For scheduled dates and assessment details, refer to the subjects within the course structure of each Specialist Certificate.
The 2016 subject fee is A$3,000 (GST exempt) and includes tuition, materials and meals during the on-campus participation.
The 2017 subject fee for Management for Professionals is A$4,928 and includes tuition, materials and light refreshments during the on-campus participation.
Each subject fee is due prior to subject attendance.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification, plus at least three years of documented, relevant professional experience; or
- 10 years of documented, relevant professional experience that demonstrates the capacity to successfully undertake the course
This course is available for domestic students (Australian or New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents and Australian permanent humanitarian visas).
As this course is not CRICOS registered, you are unable to apply for a student visa. However you may be eligible to study this course on a non-student visa if it does not have any study restrictions. For more information on visas please contact the Department of Immigration and Border Protection at www.border.gov.au.
All international applicants will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and supporting evidence of a valid visa must be provided before your application is approved.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit an online application with the following supporting documents:
- passport (or birth certificate if unavailable)
- updated CV demonstrating relevant experience
- academic qualification or transcripts if available.
For more information or assistance, please make an enquiry.