Leading change is complex—evident in the fact that 80 percent of all change initiatives fail. So what gets in the way? While you can develop new structures to support change, you also need to work with collective mindsets and be flexible and responsive to change.
This highly experiential program is an immersive learning experience that will shift the way you view opportunities, challenges and issues. You will analyse how you engage and react with others, the dynamics of change and how to influence change at your workplace.
By exploring the emotional and psychological processes on an individual and collective level, you will enhance your ability to manage and lead change successfully.
"This program had a profound effect on both my personal and workplace behaviour. It heightened my awareness of group dynamics and the role of both myself and others in a change process."
Business Operations Manager | The Wilderness Society Sydney, Australia
Who should attend?
- Experienced senior managers, responsible for implementing organisational strategy within their areas of responsibility
- Senior managers, seeking to build their toolkit to translate strategy into an implementable action plan that engages people to act
- Internal strategists, helping to implement organisational strategies and policies
- Develop strategies to lead your organisational system during change
- Lead cross-functional collaboration or multi-organisational partnerships
- Strengthen your personal leadership to be able to deliver transformational change
- Positively influence individual and group power dynamics
- Recognise how the complex, global environment affects transformational efforts
Your program journey is designed to ensure you emerge with new skills and behaviours, aligned to your learning goals.
- Complete a 360-degree personal assessment, which is debriefed in a one-on-one coaching session
- Access to workshop materials and networking through our online-learning platform
The following key themes are explored:
- The nature of transformation
- The person in change
- Organisational and cultural change
- Leading through change.
Download brochure for detailed program information.
- Engage in a group session to share successes, workshop issues and obstacles, reflect on ‘How you have grown’ and undertake a status check on growth and transformation plans, and future application.
- Continued access to workshop materials, facilitators, thought leadership and networking through our online-learning platform.
Program Director | Leading Transformational Change
Matt joined Melbourne Business School in 2008 after returning to Australia from the United Kingdom. His approach to change leadership centres on process-driven methods; working with groups in the ‘here-and-now’ to better understand the dynamics of organisations, and encouraging leaders to be more agile and innovative in their practice. This approach creates the space for people to better understand their responses to one another and recognise different perspectives to help them make sense of organisational life in an increasingly turbulent environment. Read Matt’s full profile.
Dates and fees
|25-29 Jul 2016
||5 days residential
||Mt Eliza Campus
In this residential program, participants stay on campus and engage in workshop activities after hours. The program fee covers tuition, meals and accommodation.