Leading High Performance Teams
This practical, evidence-based, leadership program focuses on developing the core skills of early career leaders to drive team performance. Its expert facilitators implement a series of simulations, discussions and robust instruments that provide actionable insight for participants. It is a genuine leadership journey with a strong intervention bias through two, full-day workshops and a four-week intervention period at your workplace, providing the opportunity to reflect and apply your new knowledge and skills.
The program may be undertaken in an assessed mode, leading to an accredited Specialist Certificate from the University of Melbourne. Learn more.
Who should attend?
- Early and middle-career leaders, seeking to develop effective people leadership
- Leaders and managers who find it hard to get the best out of their team
- Experienced leaders, wanting to gain new insights, valuable revision and consolidate their knowledge
- Understand personal leadership and communication styles
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Understand how high-performance teams are structured, led, and ‘work’
- Understand the development needs of others
- Demonstrate effective coaching
- Understand how to measure the effectiveness of yourself and your team
Spanning ten weeks and involving two, full-day-days of face-to-face workshops, a four-week workplace intervention and extensive pre- and post-work and assessment, this program develops the core skills for effective people leadership through activities, discussion, practical tools, validated instruments and actionable feedback.
- Pre-readings, a FIRO-B online diagnostic, a personal ‘challenging scenario at work’ case study and an interview with your supervisor.
The two, full-day workshops cover:
- Understanding yourself and others
- Workplace communication
- Understanding how teams work
- Leadership perspectives
- Workplace challenges
- Putting it all together.The four-week intervention period involves:
- Additional readings
- Applying new knowledge and a skills approach to your personal case study
- Applying a team-learning styles questionnaire
- Reflective journaling
- Connecting with your ‘accountability partner’.
Download brochure for detailed program information.
Program Director | Leading High Performance Teams
Edmund King is an energetic, innovative and customer-focused facilitator who brings substantial expertise to this program. With more than 30 years’ experience facilitating executive education programs and more than 20 years’ experience operating his own business, Edmund’s real-world understanding of business issues translates into measurable and relevant outcomes for participants.
In addition to operating his own company, Edmund has worked extensively in Australia, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, Belgium and New Zealand in executive education. He has designed and developed interventions in partnership with organisations such as Fletcher Building (NZ), Australian Sports Commission, Toyota, Seek, Chr. Hansen, Australian Football League, Infosys, ConocoPhillips, National Australia Bank, Cricket Australia, Visy Recycling, Telstra, Fresenius Kabi, The Macquarie Group, AXA, OneSteel and many government departments and utilities.
Dates and fees
30 Aug 2017
22 Nov 2017
This program is non-residential. The program fee covers tuition and meals during the workshop.
*When undertaken on an assessed basis as part of a Specialist Certificate, course fees are GST exempt.
This program may be undertaken in an assessed mode, leading to an accredited Specialist Certificate from the University of Melbourne. The Specialist Certificate provides the flexibility to tailor your course to your specific developmental needs by choosing from a select range of open programs.
To enrol in this program as part of a Specialist Certificate, click on the relevant link below:
Specialist Certificate in Leadership
Specialist Certificate in Leadership (Professional Services)
Specialist Certificate in Strategic Marketing