The Emerging Managers Program provides you with user-friendly methods to develop your team, increase your management effectiveness and accelerate your development.
Every aspect of the program focuses on practical performance development. You will learn and practise negotiation, influencing and coaching skills that can be immediately applied in your workplace. Frameworks for business planning and performance improvement are provided and in-depth feedback will also enhance your self-awareness and challenge you to examine your own contribution to performance outcomes.
This innovative program has been designed to make the most of the rapidly changing digital-learning environment, with technology fully integrated into the program. You will receive a complimentary iPad as part of the program.
“I loved the program, thought it was fantastic, and there are a number of learning's that continue to filter through into my work. An incredibly informative and invigorating week.”
Senior Manager Indigenous Outreach Program | Australian Securities and Investments Commission
Who should attend?
- Generation X or Y managers with at least one year of line management or cross-functional project management experience
- Frontline or middle managers with identified potential for more senior roles
- Better understand yourself as a manager, your strengths and opportunities
- Understand and develop both individual and team performance
- Develop and implement business plans
- Manage conflict
- Negotiate and influence more effectively
- Work with your team to improve work processes
- Formulate and achieve specific goals
Your program journey is designed to ensure that you emerge with new skills and behaviours, aligned to your learning goals.
- Your iPad will be issued for pre-program research and reading materials
- Feedback from the workplace: 360-degree assessment questionnaires, completed by you, your manager, direct reports and peers
- Self-assessment questionnaires
- Access to workshop materials and networking through our online-learning platform
The following key themes are explored:
- Self-awareness: you as a manager
- Developing team performance
- Business planning and strategy
- Managerial effectiveness.
Download brochure for detailed program information.
- A one-on-one, online-coaching session with the Program Director
- Continued learning through access to workshop materials, facilitators, thought leadership and networking via our online-learning platform
Program Director | Emerging Managers Program
Lisa is an engaging and energetic management educator. With over 20 years' experience, she has used her teaching talent for developing negotiation capability within both private and public sector organisations. Her focus is on supporting individuals and organisations in actually making things happen, not just talking about them. Read Lisa’s full profile.
Dates and fee
|5-9 Sep 2016
||5 days residential
|21-25 Nov 2016
||5 days residential
In this residential program, participants stay on campus and engage in workshop activities after hours. The program fee covers tuition, meals and accommodation during the workshop.