EMERGING MANAGERS PROGRAM
Bring out the best in your team and your management effectiveness through our Emerging Managers program.
We help you develop the negotiation, influencing and coaching skills needed to help your employees and stakeholders reach their full potential. You’ll also gain an in-depth understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses, along with the necessary strategies, tools and frameworks for business planning and performance improvement.
Every aspect of this program focuses on practical performance development. You will learn and practise negotiation, influencing and coaching skills that can be immediately applied in your workplace.
This innovative program has been designed to make the most of the rapidly changing digital-learning environment, with technology fully integrated. You will receive a complimentary iPad as part of the program.
“This program has had a profound impact on me personally, not just professionally.”
Operations Manager, Campeyn Group
Who should attend?
- Team leaders and project managers who are early in their career and managing a team within a function, or cross-functional projects
- Frontline or middle managers with identified potential for more senior roles in the future.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Better understand yourself as a manager, including your strengths and opportunities
- Understand and develop both individual and team performance
- Develop and implement business plans
- Manage conflict
- Negotiate and influence more effectively
- Work with your team to improve work processes
- Formulate and achieve specific goals.
Your program journey is designed to ensure that you emerge with new skills and behaviours, aligned to your learning goals.
- Your iPad will be issued for pre-program research and reading materials
- Feedback from the workplace: 360-degree assessment questionnaires, completed by you, your manager, direct reports and peers
- Self-assessment questionnaires
- Access to workshop materials and networking through our online-learning platform.
The following key themes are explored:
- Self-awareness: you as a manager
- Developing team performance
- Business planning and strategy
- Managerial effectiveness.
Download our brochure for detailed program information.
- A one-on-one, online-coaching session with the Program Director
- Continued learning through access to workshop materials and facilitators via our online-learning platform
Program Director | Emerging Managers Program
Lisa is an engaging and energetic management educator. With over 20 years' experience, she has used her teaching talent for developing negotiation capability within both private and public sector organisations. Her focus is on supporting individuals and organisations in actually making things happen, not just talking about them.
19 May 2017
Mt Eliza Campus
08 Sep 2017
Mt Eliza Campus
24 Nov 2017
In this residential program, participants stay on campus and engage in workshop activities after hours. The program fee covers tuition, meals and accommodation during the workshop.