Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Senior managers are often promoted for technical and operational excellence but, without a background in finance, they can find themselves reliant on finance managers and accountants when it comes to the numbers.
This program demystifies finance in an accessible and relatable way to give you a working knowledge of the key financial tasks you need to fulfil as a manager and become confident with financial terms and processes. You will hone your financial sense to know when things are going well—and when something is not right.
The program focuses on sound financial decision-making, evaluating investment proposals, making sense of financial reports and the essentials of budgeting and costing. You will gain the basic foundation in finance you need to become more effective in your role, enabling you to lead your organisation without fear of the numbers.
“Henry takes you on a journey: from making finance really easy to understand to making it something that is applicable in a corporate sense.”
Service Portfolio Manager | Dimension Data
Who should attend?
- Middle-to-senior-level managers with little or no formal financial training
- Executives, seeking the knowledge of accounting and financial management to become more effective in their workplace
- Understand key financial terms
- Make sense of financial reports
- Measure financial performance
- Understand core concepts for financing your business
- Undertake financial planning and budgeting
- Evaluate investment proposals
Your program journey is designed to ensure you emerge with new skills and behaviours, aligned with your learning goals.
- Access to workshop materials and networking through our online-learning platform
The following key themes are explored:
- Introduction to finance
- Financing the business
- Capital investment
- Measuring financial performance
- Financial planning and budgeting.
- Continued access to workshop materials, facilitators, thought leadership and networking through our online-learning platform.
Download brochure for detailed program information.
Program Director | Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Henry has spent his career working in accountancy and finance. He has extensive experience in consulting and has presented numerous financial management workshops for executives. He is well known as a facilitator who breaks down finance into straightforward steps, while presenting in a highly interesting and engaging manner.
Dates and fees
12 May 2017
17 Nov 2017
This program is non-residential. The program fee covers tuition and meals during the workshop.