Broaden your career options by adding specialised knowledge to a strong foundation in business.
Our Full-time MBA can be combined with the Master of Marketing to help you become a truly global leader with deep subject matter expertise.
Over two years, you will study alongside top MBA students from around the world, travel overseas to Asia and then develop specialist skills in brand management and marketing.
Subjects covered in the MBA will be credited in the second degree and not need to be studied twice.
People come from all over the world to Melbourne Business School because they want to study with the best.
We attract some of the brightest academics in the field from institutions like Yale, Stanford and INSEAD, who teach in class sizes much smaller than their colleagues overseas.
Our campus is just four tram stops from the centre of Melbourne and has vibrant communal areas and accommodation for students who stay on-site during their classes.
We have a number of student clubs dedicated to areas including marketing, consulting and finance, and host regular industry networking events.
I found it really fascinating. I didn't have any context about marketing beforehand but soon realised it was a big part of the world we live in.
Head of Corporate Social Responsibility, Asia Pacific, Expedia
Meet With Us
Let us answer your questions face-to-face.
The best way to find out more about studying at Melbourne Business School is to speak with us. We can meet with you one-on-one at our Carlton Campus, or set up a video conference for an online face-to-face conversation.
We can assist you with information on subjects and study materials, campus life, funding your course or any other areas you might be interested in.
If you're interested in studying at Melbourne Business School, please contact us using the button below to arrange a time that suits you.book a time
Career Management Centre
Our Personal Effectiveness Program will help you build the soft skills, knowledge and attributes you need to compete and succeed in every job market.
By partnering with leading organisations, our Careers Management Centre can connect you to top-tier firms in Australia and around the world.
Our career coaches will help you develop your job-hunting skills, maximise your future opportunities and increase your chances of success.
The program fee for our Full-time MBA/Master of Marketing dual degree is $105,500.
This covers all program costs, including flights and accommodation for the Business in Asia field trip, and can be paid in instalments. If you receive an offer of admission, a non-refundable deposit of $8,900 is required to hold your place. This deposit is offset against your first fee instalment after you accept your offer.
For information about fees for any other combination of degrees you might be interested in, please contact us.
FEE-HELP is available for eligible Australian citizens and permanent residents.
Approximately $150 per subject is a reasonable amount to budget for textbooks and other study-related expenses.
- Please budget approximately $560 for visas.
- You must also take out medical insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia. The cost is approximately $729 per year (based on 2018 prices; more for a couple or family) and is paid with your first fee instalment.
We have a wide range of scholarships available to support your study at Melbourne Business School. Our scholarships encourage diversity, provide opportunity and reward talent.
You will automatically be considered for a scholarship when you apply – but to be eligible for some, you need to apply by a certain date.
For more information, visit our Scholarships page.
- Commence an application to become familiar with the application process.
- Meet with us to find out more about the School and program.
- Sit the compulsory GMAT as early as possible. Your results are valid for five years.
- Complete and submit your application by the application closing dates.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a compulsory interview, which can be conducted in person, over the phone or by teleconference. The interview will last approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
A selection committee will make the final decision on each applicant to achieve a cohort that reflects gender balance and a diverse representation of industries, academic backgrounds and nationalities. Restrictions are also placed on the number of students from any one country or region.
Successful applicants will be notified via email. The offer may include the award of a scholarship.
Closing dates for our August 2020 intakes are as follows:
31 August 2020
31 December 2020
31 March 2021
30 April 2021
The deadline for all applications is 11.59pm AEST.
Late applications may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us for further advice.
Interviews are conducted approximately three (3) weeks after the round closing date and offers are issued approximately three (3) weeks after the interviews.
For a successful application, you will need:
- A good GMAT score – as a guide, recent students have achieved an average of 705 or higher. Please note that the GMAT is compulsory and we do not accept the GRE.
- An up-to-date CV showing a minimum of two years’ work experience.
- A copy of your undergraduate academic transcript and any postgraduate transcripts, if relevant.
- A passport or verified document showing current citizenship / residency status.
- An excellent command of English, with a copy of your IELTS or TOEFL score* if you are a non-native speaker.
- Personal statements relating to your goals and how you can contribute to the program.
- The names and contact details of two professional referees.
Candidates are assessed individually against the above criteria, but the final selection will also aim to achieve a cohort that reflects gender balance and a diverse representation of industries, academic backgrounds and nationalities. Restrictions are also placed on the number of students from any one country or region.
*For IELTS, you will need a minimum score of 7.0 overall, with no individual score less than 6.5. For TOEFL iBT, you will need a minimum score of 102, with a written score minimum of 24 and no individual score lower than 21.
- A good GMAT score
- A university degree
- Two years' work experience
- Two professional referees
- English proficiency