Data for Decision Makers Program
Leverage the power of your organisation’s data for competitive advantage
The Data for Decision Makers Program is designed for managers and leaders who wish to learn how data analytics can transform their decision-making.
Organisations currently have huge volumes of data on their customers, operations and performance—but most can only leverage a fraction of the full potential of their data. Data alone won't deliver a competitive advantage.
This program explores the strategic opportunities presented by data, and helps managers and leaders understand why they require a shift in mindset to become more data-based in their decision making.
Who Should Attend?
Leaders and managers
Develop an analytics mindset
- Understand when and why data are better than intuition for decision making
- Move away from correlations and dashboards toward causal insights
Contribute to improved data-based decision making
- Question entrenched ways of decision-making
- Know when and how data can be misleading
Guide your analysts to improve their analyses of data
- Know why the business context of data is critical for good data science
- Develop and grow your team’s abilities by imparting contextual knowledge
Leverage data for strategy
Extract value from data
Avoid common data mistakes
Correlations, models and AI
Delivered in Person
APPROX 4 - 6 HOURS
Experience the interaction of MBS faculty at your preferred location (e.g. MBS or your organisation) with optional additional modules tailored to your organisation’s unique development needs.
APPROX 4-8 HOURS
Utilise the convenience of digital learning in one of two formats:
- ‘Asynchronous’ to progress in your own time at your own pace, or
- ‘Synchronous’ for live and continuous interaction with your facilitator and team
DIRECTOR, CENTRE FOR BUSINESS ANALYTICS
Professor Ujwal Kayande is the Founding Director of the Centre for Business Analytics at Melbourne Business School (MBS). He is also the Associate Dean (Academic) at MBS, the Co-Director of the ‘Delivering Value through Digital’ joint program with the University of Oxford, and the visiting RHB Bank Chair Professor in Analytics at UKM (Malaysia).
Ujwal has previously taught Marketing Analytics and Strategy at several leading business schools such as Penn State University and the Wharton School.